Sunday, October 21, 2012

Despicable Me Cake

Last week was my cousin Elijah's birthday and so as he requested he wanted to have a costume party, he got what he wanted + a cake of his chosen character. Ok! well not actually his chosen character but his chosen movie. He made it pretty clear wants to be that Dr. Nefario in the movie Despicable Me but since it was too difficult to make, I'll just stick with the main characters hehehe...



Here's the two tier cake I made and which I love making since its the first time i made a cake using that upside down ganache technique I got from Jessica's blog. 
It was so freaking easy! I swear and I'm never going back to that old classic way of frosting my cakes. ha!



And oh! Here's Agnes! So cute! If you're wondering how I made her standing up that straight, well...
I skewered here with a bbq stick all the way through. And when I say all the way, I mean from the head... to the bottom of that cake!yeah?

"It's so fluffy I'm gonna die!"


If you just happen to recognize.. hehe my horizontal stripes are not perfect.. well! It gave me a hard time since its my first ever! time to do this technique which I learned from Jessica here. She made her look soo easy hehe but I know it's the best technique you can use when doing these stripes.


Everyone meet Elijah! my fat cousin oh I forgot! He's not Elijah, he's Dr. Nefario. yeah!


Lastly, a close-up of Mr. gru and the Minions. Aren't they so cute?

Hope you enjoyed the cake!
God bless!

XOXO

Arah♥♥♥



2 comments:

  1. Hi! Are these made out of MMF, including the figures?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi i forgot my login password yes its mmf including figures

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...