Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Tarty Tarts

What will you do if you received a blueberry preserve?

 Eat it with crackers? naaah.. too sweet for my taste..
Eat it with pandesal? I don't think it would go well with pandesal.
Since I haveleft over flour and butter..why don't I make some blueberry tarts? Perfect!

Here's some ingradients:
250 g/ 1 cup/8 oz all-purpose flour
125g/ 1/2 cup/ 4 oz caster sugar
125g/ 1/2 cup/ 4 oz butter, melted and cooled
2 tbsp milk
1 teaspoon lemon zest
2 egg yolks lightly beaten

filling:
canned cherries, drained
(but I used blueberry preserves)

Nothing hard to find right? You can use it with peaches, pears, strawberries.
Let's start mixing shall we?

1. To make pastry, combine flour and sugar in a bowl and make a well in the center. 
Add butter, eggs, lemon zest, and milk and mix with a spatula or knife. Turn into a floured surface and knead lightly. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 mins.
2. Roll out two- thirds of pastry between two sheets of plastic wrap about 1 1/2 cm thick.
3 Line pastry cases (I used cupcake tins that are greased and dusted with flour)
4.Arrange fruits in the pastry. Place remaining dough in a pastry bag with a plain nozzle an pipe over filling in a lattice pattern. Pinch edges.
5. Bake at a preheated oven at 180 C / 350 F for 25- 30 minutes. Brush warm with jam.

So eeeeaaasy to make.. Here are some pictures I captured during my tart making :)

















Happy baking!

XOXO

Arah♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...